Eggnog and cookies and pie, oh my! While it’s easy to indulge over the long holiday season, we’ve compiled some tips to help you keep living your best life well into the New Year.
- Be Mindful. Who hasn’t sat down and casually grazed through a tray of their favorite food? Try to be mindful of what you’re eating this year. Slow down. Savor the flavors. Chew, swallow, and rest before reaching for another.
- In between glasses of wine or eggnog, be sure to drink a full glass of water. Our bodies need water to function properly, you’ll be grateful in the morning.
- Eat for Your Immune System. Be generous with your helpings of fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, nuts, and seeds.
- Don’t Forget Self-Care. The holidays can be stressful! Don’t put yourself on the back burner. Go for a walk, meditate, read a book. Whatever you need to do to reset your mind.
- Reinvent Your Workout. Try to plan your workout around your holiday schedule. If you don’t have time for one 30-minute session, how about 15-minutes in the morning and another 10 at night?
Most importantly, don’t forget to Enjoy Yourself! The holidays can be rough, try to enjoy the extra time with friends and family. If you’re still not feeling yourself this time of year, give us a call at 201-255-2525 to schedule a consultation. Let us help your holidays go off without a hitch!